South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hmmm said:
Montana Jim said:
hmmm said:
I Could be convinced it is from the 1860's, possibly victorian, but have not realy seen the evidance to suggest victorian. i am open to evidance :coffee2:.

Constume Jewelry - early 1900s.
now we are getting somehwere. i dont have the smarts to find the matching jewery from the early 1900's, if any one can come up with a match that would help.
Again, the thin metal ring, that the ruby red moonface glass was found glued to, is machine stamped.Its too thin to be cast. The Indians did not have hydraulics, pneumatics or electric. http://www.industrial101.com/services/metal-stamping.aspx http://www.industrial101.com/services/metal-stamping.aspx

What part do you not understand? This is not a matter of who is right or who is wrong. Look at the evidence. You have posted a cool looking unknown find asking for help in the identification. Dont kill the messenger.

I cannot find an exact match so Jim's TOC estimate is a fair guess giving you the benefit of the doubt.
moon ruby red topaz.jpg moon ruby red topaz.jpg

Attachments

• moon face ring.jpg
    moon face ring.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Thats it! The Egyptians must have discovered America way before the Vikings! :o

Ummm, don't think that wasn't a possibility...you might be kidding but may not be joking! (Only it may have been the Phoenician's)

Upvote 0

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the moon face, it seems to have the tell tale signs of being made from "red glass" (ruby red glass) which was made with real gold chloride

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/512059/ruby-glass

Much was made from this during the turn of the century up to the depression (glassware, jewelry pieces and etc...)

From looking at the link provided for the earrings by NM, I would say they they made their "new" pieces "based" on what "used" to be a very popular earring back in the early 1900's to about 1920.
It's what high end jewelers do....they re-make popular jewelry pieces. I've seen it done over and over again.

IF it were any older, it would have been set in gold and the gold would not have rotted/eroded away
The moon face IS an early jewelry piece, there is no doubt in my mind.

I wouldn't even venture to guess what the other items is (the piece with a hole in it) but, my sense is the two are not related at all.

Still, very neat finds

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Alchemy said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Thats it! The Egyptians must have discovered America way before the Vikings! :o

Ummm, don't think that wasn't a possibility...you might be kidding but may not be joking! (Only it may have been the Phoenician's)
Oh no. Now youve done it. :wink: Ill add that to the list so far the names mentioned in association with this.

British,
Spanish,
Chinese,
Vikings,
Native Indians,
Canadians,
Romans,
Egyptians,
Incas,
Aztecs,
Greeks, and
Phoenicians.

You may want to read about dem bones. I got about halfway through tying to make sense of this.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,107185.0.html

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions