First Hunt with the AT Max

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recieved my AT Max for Big Boys Hobbies today. I sold my AT Pro last year and have regretted it ever since. I finally got out with my friend this afternoon for a short 2 hour hunt,in a park we had hammered to death for 4-5 years. I wanted to see if the Max would find coins we had left behind with our other detectors. They say this machine goes deep,and they aren't kidding! I dug a lot of coins in areas that we thought were cleaned out. The Max even found two Merc's a 43 and a 44. To say I'm happy with this machines performance would be a understatement. I can't wait to get out again with it,in "another cleaned out site"!

Attachments

• IMG_6074.JPG
    IMG_6074.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6075.JPG
    IMG_6075.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 96

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question on the difference. I have always noticed when I go to one of my spots, every time I use a different machine I find different stuff. Doesn't matter which machine.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does it differ from the ATPro?
Different frequency (13.6 kHz) and a much hotter machine! It really hits the deep coins,hard! Also the tones are more like the one's on a AT Gold. The head phones are wireless. It uses Z Link. A lot faster than blue tooth.

Last edited:

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet...nice hunt! I've always believed if you like your machine (whatever it may be), you're gonna find a lot of stuff! Congrats!

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The operating frequency on the AT Max is better suited for coins than the operating frequency on the AT Pro. 12 kHz - 14 kHz seems to be the sweet spot for US coins IMHO.

tcmcauley1271

Greenie
May 31, 2020
Oak Ridge, TN
Detector(s) used
Just bought my Garrett AT Max. Going to play with the settings this winter and get out this spring into East Tennessee.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my new AT Max out last week found what seems to be possible the remains of a ring of some sort. When I got the hit it was coming up silver at 10 inches but when I dug it, it was deeper than 12 inches 20210308_122409.jpg

Attachments

• 20210308_122425.jpg
    20210308_122425.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
  • 20210308_122458.jpg
    20210308_122458.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took my new AT Max out last week found what seems to be possible the remains of a ring of some sort. When I got the hit it was coming up silver at 10 inches but when I dug it, it was deeper than 12 inches View attachment 1911174
It is a hot machine for sure!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recieved my AT Max for Big Boys Hobbies today. I sold my AT Pro last year and have regretted it ever since. I finally got out with my friend this afternoon for a short 2 hour hunt,in a park we had hammered to death for 4-5 years. I wanted to see if the Max would find coins we had left behind with our other detectors. They say this machine goes deep,and they aren't kidding! I dug a lot of coins in areas that we thought were cleaned out. The Max even found two Merc's a 43 and a 44. To say I'm happy with this machines performance would be a understatement. I can't wait to get out again with it,in "another cleaned out site"!
Look at all that silver! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread