EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diane L. said:
Yep! I can tell you two stories of hunting where I encountered some possibly dangerous people but I think they where just snooping to see what I was doing....I did not stay there,This is what I think!I always tell where your going to be to someone , leave a time factor ..If I your not back at the time have that person call around to see if your at friends before calling Police!.
Don't hunt in woods or any area that Will leave you with no defence or at deer hunting you may be thought of as a deer and you will have on see-Er's for sure..You won't know who it is ...If you have a gage machine use that in areas that are safe ..In other area you better be watching around your self while detecting and do it with a sound machine it's easy to see the people your dealing with that you think are not there. and detect at the same time....Don't fight, give the the detector to the person trying to steal it, that may save your life while your running away. Always lock your car door..just as you would anywhere...and don't just jump in... look to make sure no-ones waiting for you to get in behind the seat...Always watch your back ...In westerns the one walking away always thinks he's not going to loose..WRONG!
Animals can bite and will if you bother them and you don't know it at the time your doing that to them!In pits where a hard hat..that will be just the thing/rock or whatever if your looking for something that killed you doing the search for it..And you won't see it in heaven....!
Ive done this stuff a long time and these things are all true...
Do and water to keep you healthy....If your diabetic or have low sugar problems those things might save your life also! Ask the police for ideas if your going to do some big time way deep woods hunting, They will give you ideas, but also note they will be prepared to know who you are and mention the law aspects of what your doing and you better be truthful also!
I know you probably know all this stuff..If your a paper reader..I am sure you look at all the county court and people problems may make you think about your life and how to be safer!Do It! Don't make assumptions your made of steal and can't be broken!
thankx mom
im wearing clean underwear just in case ;D

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Metal detect by myself.

Hunt with others, and may be using my metal detector.

all have a good un..............

F

ferrouser

alone, or....

In today's world you need someone to watch your back-your detector can be pawned for enough to buy some junkie several rocks of crack. Besides the competition urges us on, and when a new detector{s} comes out it nice to be able to compare.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leon said:
Just curious to know how the rest of the world does it.

It really depends on what I'm looking for, where I'm looking for it, etc.. Personally, although I do work alone many times, I rarely work with more then a couple of people and then only those that have proven they can be trusted. Many a site has been destroyed by bringing in the wrong person to help with it.
Deepsix

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
used to go by myself and i thought that i wouldnt enjoy hunting with someone else. then my brother took up the hobby and i can honestly say that i enjoy his company! we never used to hang out much and this hobby has given us something in common. its pretty cool!

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
I tried the partner thing. It didn't work for me. I hunt in remote locations so I leave my vehicle and walk in and out. I have studied wilderness survival and I am armed So I do not worry much. I try to tell people where I am going,but they probably could not find me any ways so I carry a sat. phone with me.

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF YOU ARE HUNTING IN THE WOODS OR AT A KNOW REMOTE BURIED TREASURE SITE Your are risking your Life if you hunt alone.

1st: there are those that are growing Marijuana in the remote wooded areas. They WILL be watching you.

2nd: People who live nearby who notice your auto and who might know of the Treasure you are after, WILL be Watching you. If you dig, NEVER be alone, BEST have someone watching to see if you are being approached!! Don't rely on a cellPhone to call for help, they don't work in remote areas when you need them.... in these remote areas they can't find a tower to use to make the connection.

If your in a park or populated area, alone is ok. But always tell someone where you are going and when you expect ot be back, and have them send help if you don't call or return on time.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"with a freind" (does my father count as a friend?)
I detect he digs! :o

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had a good friend ,he found a nice very nice abandoned mine.he was doing very well.would not tell a soul............he had his girlfriend drop him off and pick him back up 10 hrs later.he was hard rock mining getting nice nuggets,one day right after getting started he missed with his hammer hit his finger on a chisle almost took it off!!!!he was 1 mile from the road,walked 1 m.to the road and another m.to the nerest house.lady wouldn't let him in or call..walked 1m. back bleeding profusly.........passed out in a ditch his girlfriend luckily came back early couldn't find him,,,, almost gave up finaly saw him in the ditch took him to the hospital ,,,,,,,he almost died........after that i got invited to the honey hole!!!! he is not greedy anymore.think about it you never know when you will be snake bit ,hurt ,broke leg etc. it's not worth it.besides when you have the big find who will see the smile on your face?

dmc161

Dec 8, 2007
Fremont, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT
My husband and I always go together. Being we started MDing when he was recovering from shoulder surgery, I was designated as the "digger" since he couldn't. I remain the digger until he breaks down and buys another detector. I do ocassionally get to test my skills at detecting when he needs to take a break but for some reason I still have to do my own digging since "he's on a break". :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread