DENNYS IS ON MY &%$# LIST...FOREVER

S

stefen

DENNY'S IS ON MY &%$# LIST...FOREVER

Saturday morning I was sitting in a Denny's drinking my coffee and reading a newspaper when I happened to look up and note that two separate tables that were seated about 10 minutes after I was were being served their food.

I looked around to see if I could catch the eye of a waiter (ess) for a refill and to inquire about the status of my Super Slam.

After waiting for about another ten minutes, I headed to the front counter and asked for the Manager. I actually asked for him 3 times and he finally came through the front door with a waiter. I can't explain why he came through the front door and I really don't give a Rats A$$.

I explained the problem as we walked back to my table...empty coffee cup and papers still there and no Super Slam.
The adjoining tables were just finishing their breakfasts.

In a low voice, yet as stern as I could put out, I described the lack of service quality, of which he partially responded in Spanish.

This was going nowhere. I then said his lack of concern also reflected on his ability as a manager and the overall quality of the chain.

It was like looking into the eyes of a headlight struck deer...

In the interim, no food magically appeared.

There was no apology...no offer to fix the immediate problem...

And, of course, no tip for exemplary service.

The coffee was good...as was Mickey D's down the street.

If this sounds like an endorsement, guess again.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: DENNY'S IS ON MY &%$# LIST...FOREVER

didnt they get in trouble a few years back for seating and serving white patrons ahead of black ones? sounds like dennys is a real class act. ::)

OP
OP
S

stefen

Of all of the staff and patrons, I think I was the only gringo there.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

a while back i was alllllllllllllllllll drunk and went there to order a superbird fries etc(takes maybe 5 minutes to make)
well ladie before ordered like 4 meals (looking at 20 minutes to make)
she was black
i get my grub first and guess what she bitched up a storm cause i got my food first
guess what she got all herr food compt
this was in the midst of the color issue
these were for carry out so............

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I run into this service I just do what you did and then follow it up with a letter to the head office. I won't eat the food that is finally served as you don't know what they might have done to it. :o

Sandman

OP
OP
S

stefen

I sincerely do not beleive that this was a racial issue.

However, this is a prime example of where a person has been elevated to his lowest incompetent level.

And as a result, that is reflective on the staff as well.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OH
i almost forgot my other incident that happened yesterday
my routine when i come home from work is to stop on the corner for a hot coffe/icino i mix the 2
well as per i fill my cup about 1/3 with coffe then the rest with capicino
well try one machine empty just hot water
next same
next one same
next ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto
all 9 were empty
so i have this full cup of hot coffe water
so i look over at the clerk(using the term loosely)
who is watching this all
im the ONLY one in the place its 5 am
and the moron looks at me and looks away like
"wasnt me"
the ill ignore him routine
i got so pissed i saw red
walked out the door
coffe water in hand
walked passed the window
over hand blasted it at the window were he was standing
he doesnt want to work inside
he can work outside
cleaning the window
prick >:(

OP
OP
S

stefen

Baron,

;D

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Unfortunately all the good old "Ma and Pa" places are going the way of the dinosaur. There are still a few places that serve a good breakfast for under five bucks, but not many. That's about what Perkins charges for 3 slices of paper-thin bacon.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab

Speaking of Baron's coffee incident, I am allergic to onions. If I eat any, I will projectile vomit like a diet coke filled with pop rocks. LOL, ok, maybe not allergic but I really really really don't like onions.
I do however love Taco Bell, and here is where the problem lies. The vast majority of Taco Bell employees wear velcro shoes because they can't even comprehend how to tie a shoelace. THEY ALWAYS PUT ONIONS ON IT. Back when I worked in VA Beach, I had a Taco Bell right around the corner, and it was a routine. I would order something without onions, I would get the order, check it, it would have onions, and I would have to wait at a minimum 10 minutes for them to remake it.
One time I ordered it in the drivethru, checked the top of the burrito and it didn't have onions. Took a big bite, and BLAGGGGG!!! Tons of onions right below the top! I folded that burrito open, drove through the drivethru and smacked it on the window, then drove off with it plastered and hanging on the window... LOL ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am invisible. When I walk into a restaurant I become invisible. I can be the only person in the place and no one can see me. They go about their business like I'm not there. If someone else walks in they zip right over to their table. I don't know why. I have got up and left more times than I can count. Maybe I need to dress in more flashy clothes or make a lot of noise or fart or something? All I know is I am invisible. It happens all the time. Sometimes if I am not alone the people with me become invisible too! I wonder why? It pisses me off. Hey! I'm over here! Monty

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

disorderly
littering
agh not much
they are so nice here they let me use the internet and feed me in the mornng
MCD's and hot coffe made to order ;D

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma

You guys aren't complaining about it enough!

I ordered in Taco Bell once, specifically asked for NO ONIONS (the wife couldn't eat them either). After 15 minutes when the order finally came, yup, you guessed it, onions. I pitched a huge, LOUD fit right in front of about 30 people about the poor service, having to wait so long and not getting the right order. Got the food comped and never went back.

Another time I made a Carl's Jr manager drive 5 miles to my house with Ranch dressing for my zucchini strips. I was adamant about the fact that I had repeated 3 times when placing my order that I wanted Ranch. She hopped right into her car and drove it over. I also got a $20 credit at the place.

Speak up and be heard. I can tell I'm getting older because I REFUSE to be the victim of poor service. The older I get the more vocal I am. It can be fun if used correctly... ;D

OP
OP
S

stefen

The waiter or waitress should be held accountable as the first line of service and if that is not possible, then the manager should be ultimately responsible.

As with Denny's, I filed a formal complaint at corporate level this last Monday. Lets see, its now Thursday and I have yet to recieve any communication from the firm.

Actually, I don't expect to hear from them and this only tells me that the corporation suits don't give a shi*.

Hence, Denny's is on my shi* list.

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006

One thing about Denny's -- a great number of them are FRANCHISES, and not corporate-owned. This means they make their own "management decisions" and don't all have the same standards. In short, there are good ones and bad ones. In my city, I've learned (usually the hard way) which is which. There are some I won't even set foot in to use the restroom, others where I (and all other customers) am treated like royalty. For example, there was one where the ham tasted like soap, the food came out cold, and the waiter was stoned. (Eyes glassy and bloodshot, speech slow and slurred, etc. I know the look -- I looked that way through much of college!) Once I recovered (a few days later) we decided that that one was "off limits." However, the one by our house always has great quality food, the service is almost always good, and if there are any problems the manager will set them right immediately. This one is a definite "repeater."

My suggestion, based on my experience: make the one you got bad service at "off limits" but don't judge the whole chain by it.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro

Saturday I went to a chess tournament in Springfield, VA. Right across the street was a Quisnos sub shop. I was playing spectacularly awful so I had lots of time to kill. Walked over to the Q shop and ordered a Traditional with no black olives. Guy making the sub is standing two feet from me and repeated " no black olives". You guessed it. HE PUT ON THE OLIVES!! I politely said "But I said no olives". He realized what he had done, RAKED THE OLIVES OFF THE BREAD and continued to make the sub. I (less politely) told him that I didn't want that bread because the taste of olives makes me ill. He said "I took them off" I said ""Did you take off the taste and smell?"
We went around and around about this for several minutes. Finally I said thank you for the service and started out the door. The clerk comes running after me yelling that I have to pay for the sub. I guess when I told him where I was going to put the sub he changed his mind. I walked three blocks over and had KFC. It was good.
I agree that line workers often make the food on autopilot but I don't have to eat something I don't want.
grizzly bare

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006

And...since you never took possession of the sandwich, you didn't have to pay for it.

I have the same issue with cheese -- the very taste makes me literally sick to my stomach. Once the cheese has touched the sandwich, the taste is there. If I were to bite into it, the contents of my stomach would magically appear in front of me! (Once took three tries for a chef to get my omelet right. And forget those six-foot "party subs" -- the cheese is next to the mayo, which really absorbs the flavor. Peeling, scraping, or even bull-dozing the cheese doesn't get rid of the taste.)

Tell you what -- olives don't bother me, so I'll take your olives if you take my cheese!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Regardless if it is a franchise store or corporate store,the service expected and received should be the same.If the suits at corporate Hq's can't respond to stefen's complaint accordingly then I say to hell with 'em too.I'm not one to sit back and be run over,I make a scene at least once a month at fast food joints.I see why these people work there.It's because they're idiots and nobody would hire them at a real job.Students and senior citizens aside,most people working at fast food places are idiots and half retarded.As for the Dennys,I would go back again and again and videotape my visits each time,noting the time and if and when others are being served before you,when you were there first.If and when you see a case of reverse racism in action,do what everyone else does.Find a scumbag lawyer and file a class action suit! Of course with you being white and all,it would never work.Screw 'em!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread