Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spotted this rock this evening and first thought it was a bowl. And perhaps it is -- but it's a rock. It appears to be sandstone or something similar. It's about 6" in diameter, maybe an inch and a half or two inches tall. It is smooth and rounded on the back, uniformly convex, and fits very comfortably in the hand. The face is concave, more pitted than smooth, but also fairly uniformly concave. It really looks and feels like a bowl. Is there such a thing? Is this a stone bowl? Or just a really neat round rock? I'm keeping it either way, just wanted the experts' opinions. The picture of the front doesn't show the "depth" very well, but you can get an idea from the side view. If you need actual measurements, I can get them.

Side view
IMG_1806.jpg

Back view
IMG_1804.jpg

Front view
IMG_1803.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a neat rock to answer your question or more specifically it is a neat sandstone concretion. Google that up and you will see more examples.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread