any rokon users?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I don't own one but I'm thinking about one also. A while back a buddy of mine had one. He loved it. Lost track of him so I don't know how it ended. It would clime a 60 degree slope with no problem. He had the one with the hollow drum wheels you could put gas in. It would actually float across deep streams. It could climb over downed trees. You just shifted your weight to make one tire touch the ground and you were off. It would go Thur the woods between trees where no 4 wheeler could go..They only weigh about 200+# I tapped in rokon on the search machine and they are still around. You can even find them on E-Bay. But in this case watch out ! Rokon also made RWD bikes, mainly for racing. They even made a hydraulic drive version.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish i had the bucks for one they look like a brute of a machine!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There are usually several on E-BAY through in a low bid, you may get lucky!

dogbeak

Aug 12, 2005
west central WI
My father owns one and I have used it quite a bit.
They work very will for dragging things(deer, logs)
But can be tiring to ride when you are in ruts or rough ground.
And yes, they will go ANYWHERE.
Bill

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own one. Yes, it will go more places than I will put it. Mine was built in '72. Bought it last year for 1500.00. The front end is a bit heavy. I put it into a rut and it threw me. It is NOT a pleasure machine but will "git 'er done" for brute force work. WELL worth the money! TTC

Last edited:

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wanted one but thats a lot of money for a bare bones machine with NO Suspension. My disc problem in my low back needs some cushion! I wound up buying a KLR It has plush suspension and is street legal. I love my KLR but it cant go where the Rokon could.

Attachments

• bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 206

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to get a Rokon as well. I had done all of the reserch, but I didn't want to haul it every where. So I opted for the KLR 650 as well and here it is all loaded up just before I went relic hunting at a cellar hole well off the beaten path.

Attachments

• 3EE8F64F.jpg
    3EE8F64F.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 175

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
benn thinking about getting one and would like an owner tell me are they worth the money?
I'll tell you why a Rokon is a bad idea....There are very few places you can ride one, legally, that you can't ride a 4-wheeler. The Forest Service has so many restrictions, now, that you are mostly reduced to using existing dirt roads/trails. For that, you don't need a Rokon. They're a great machine, but times have passed them by in the US. Been there, done that, got the T shirt, and the hat.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread