A Beach Steeped in Pirate Lore

Secret Riches

Apr 22, 2024
Generations have shared tales of pirates who once sought refuge and buried their treasures on this beach, accessible only by boat in bygone eras. Intrigued by these legends, I recently explored the shoreline, meticulously scouring the stone formations with a Minelab Equinox 900 detector. Contemplating another visit, perhaps tonight or tomorrow, I can't shake the feeling that amidst all the coastal stretches, this beach holds promise as a hidden trove. If anyone is keen on remotely pinpointing a potential cache, I welcome the collaboration, promising to investigate and provide updates accordingly.

PirateBeach01.png

20240505_095120.jpg

Last edited:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Prepare to dive !! :headbang:
One pirate treasure in the water (orange circle)

Nothing of gold or silver in the beach

Attachments

• SecretRiches-PirateBeach01-3Au-6Ag.jpg
    SecretRiches-PirateBeach01-3Au-6Ag.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 24

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold at red circle.

Attachments

• IMG_5658.jpeg
    IMG_5658.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5657.jpeg
    IMG_5657.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5656.jpeg
    IMG_5656.jpeg
    432.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5658.jpeg
    IMG_5658.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
Secret Riches

Secret Riches

Apr 22, 2024
Thank you, Werewolf and Joska, for your efforts in trying to detect hidden riches at this beach remotely. I revisited the site on the night of my initial post, which involves a 20-minute hike along the cliff side. A family has taken over the sole land access to the beach. I tried to gain entry around 9:30 PM, but a man there refused me access. From my vantage point, I noticed the beach was deserted at night. With these new target locations in mind, I may return and attempt to negotiate a fee with the man to allow me access for one night. I believe he might agree for the right price, presenting an ideal chance to uncover the treasure.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try here.

Attachments

• PirateBeach01-red.jpg
    PirateBeach01-red.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Pirate-beach20240505_095120.jpg
    Pirate-beach20240505_095120.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully you can get access because there is lot of treasure there but not sure if your detector can pick up deeper gold targets and if you can get access than take a picture of target area and I can pinpoint the target.

OP
OP
Secret Riches

Secret Riches

Apr 22, 2024
Yesterday, I revisited the beach and spent several hours inspecting the areas around the rocks you pointed out. The beach is cluttered with debris, yet I noticed some intriguing higher-pitched signals emanating from beneath the rocks—places unlikely to accumulate significant metallic trash. The Minelab’s depth capability is notable; it can detect objects such as a small chest to a depth of about three feet. There were other people around, mostly Westerners, so that was fine. However, as I was about to start digging, a group of young Burmese men appeared and fixed me with intense stares, clearly deliberating their actions if I found anything of value. This has made me hesitant about returning. If I go back, I'll need to be prepared to confront some intimidating individuals. There was one signal in particular that arose from under a stone lodged deep within a crevice filled with sand— it seemed highly unlikely for metallic trash to be there. There were a few other similar spots too. I'm tempted to return, but one Burmese man's menacing look, backed by about eight others, was particularly disheartening.

IMG_5658.jpeg

Last edited:

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your experience and it’s so important to be aware of your surroundings and safety 🙏

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't mark it or mention the shipwreck wood I'd picked up offshore. Anyway, some type of shipwreck stuff. We had tornado weather today but missed us going above or below. Internet still hardly working. Hoping to get image to upload. Several tries already.

PirateBeach01wood.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Secret Riches

Secret Riches

Apr 22, 2024
I didn't mark it or mention the shipwreck wood I'd picked up offshore. Anyway, some type of shipwreck stuff. We had tornado weather today but missed us going above or below. Internet still hardly working. Hoping to get image to upload. Several tries already.

View attachment 2147889
Thank you for putting in the hard work. The challenge in pursuing any water targets is that the coastal water here is heavily contaminated by sewage from nearby hotels and other facilities.

Last edited:

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why have you not looked at the target in the woods I marked

Attachments

• IMG_5662.png
    IMG_5662.png
    905.6 KB · Views: 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread