Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• 087E90E2-84AD-41D6-98A2-B76A3926D2D6.jpeg
    087E90E2-84AD-41D6-98A2-B76A3926D2D6.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 14
That’s a great button to find

Great find I've been wanting to find one of those for awhile. I know there's one or two out there waiting for me!

Very nice find! :occasion14:

These were most popular ca 1750's. I found a scant few on the Brandywine PA battlefield of 1777, they must have been on old coats. Great find. I haven't found one in quite a while.

Had to look that one up....Congrats on the rare very old button dig. :occasion14:

Awesome button! :thumbsup:
I've only ever found one of those.

Great button and, yes, it is such a good feeling to find a first in colonial relics.

Amazing! Not the button, but the fact that it is your first considering all the 18th C stuff you find.

Hey, I'll trade you blowhole buttons for cobs :laughing7:
Blow Hole buttons.jpg

Amazing! Not the button, but the fact that it is your first considering all the 18th C stuff you find.

Hey, I'll trade you blowhole buttons for cobs :laughing7:
View attachment 1770772

Looks to be a much more common colonial find North of the Mason Dixon line for whatever reason. Im sure I would have found more if this was not the case. Id rather be in cob country then blowhole button country lol

Last edited:
Yeah, cob country definitely has a better ring to it. All these came from various sites that saw French & Indian War activity in the 1750s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back