Old Italian Paper Money Value Help

JJDFLA

Greenie
May 8, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 10"
Hi: My father brought some paper money back with him after WWII. French, Italian, German and Japanese. I found one of the Italian bills on eBay. If you google "Banco Di Sicilia 50 Lire" you will see what I'm talking about. The bill I have is dated 1893, which I think is the date the bank was established. The other dates are 1897 and 1901. The ones on eBay are a little newer than mine. One of the bills I found on eBay went for around $150 and the other around 750 Euro. I have two. I know condition is everything, but one is in good shape with fold marks and about a half inch rip and the other is the same with about an inch rip where it is folded. Does anybody know of a website where I can get an accurate value? I would appreciate any info. Thanks. James

Attachments

• Banco Di Sicilia 50 Lire 002.jpg
    Banco Di Sicilia 50 Lire 002.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,760
  • Banco Di Sicilia 50 Lire 007.jpg
    Banco Di Sicilia 50 Lire 007.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,381
  • Banco Di Sicilia 50 Lire 008.jpg
    Banco Di Sicilia 50 Lire 008.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,155
as you say --condition is everything --that said * -- it next to impossible to figger out a set value on a "collectors item" type of item -- the down economic market has been hard on "collectibles" as folks struggle to meet their bills --- few folks have the money to spare to induge their "hobbies" and collecting habits and those that do are not as "free" with their cash as they have been in the past -- look at recent E bay prices (of things that SOLD * only) and grade of item offered and adjust accordingly IS MY BEST ADVICE -- REMEMBER "BOOK VALUE" MIGHT SAY "X" but books do not buy stuff , people do.

its worth --as much as they will give for it --and as little as you will take for it --once those two differant ends meet --thats what its worth --right that second --its "value" can and often does change with who is buying and selling

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back