Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this one the best, Bowers Sure Fire-

1 LIGHTER BOWERS.jpg

Here is another cool one, it's marked EVVA
PAT.ANG.

1 LIGHTER EVVA 2.jpg

A couple of table lighters, although I think the EVVA might be a small table lighter too-

1 LIGHTER TABLE.jpg
1 LIGHTER TABLE 2.jpg

And here are the rest of them-

1 LIGHTER BROOKSTONE.jpg
1 LIGHTER AVONDALE.jpg
1 LIGHTER CASTLE.jpg
1 LIGHTER CHROME.jpg
1 LIGHTER NEW HAVEN LABS.jpg

Paid $25 for all of them.

I am always hunting too. Either metal detecting or garage sale hunting, really it is all about the hunt. I've even been known to pick up a gun once in a while and do some REAL hunting. :wink:

Philipp said:
I am always hunting too. Either metal detecting or garage sale hunting, really it is all about the hunt. I've even been known to pick up a gun once in a while and do some REAL hunting. :wink:

Yup, every now and then. :thumbsup:

Wow... lighters are one of the things I look especially hard for but never seem to find. You not only have some beautiful pieces there, but some decent value on a few of them ( not to mention the value to your pride for such enviable finds! :notworthy: ).

Keep posting any more you find, and GREAT pics, by the way.

Nice score! The fifth lighter shown (if I'm not mistaken) is a Casablanca lighter. The bottom should open to reveal a hidden compartment for some rolled up cash. :thumbsup:

litefire56 said:
Nice score! The fifth lighter shown (if I'm not mistaken) is a Casablanca lighter. The bottom should open to reveal a hidden compartment for some rolled up cash. :thumbsup:
Very cool, I didn't know that. I opened it up and your right. Although there was no money in it there is a hidden compartment for some. Thanks for filling me in.icon_lolsign.gif

That is an interesting collection :icon_thumleft: The first two seem to be pretty old and the rest look like they came from the 50's through the early 60's. Did you try and google the Avondale and Haver lighters to see those businesses history? You may learn some interesting, but useless facts and I find that interesting too.

lennon631 said:
The white one with the castle is a Kent Lighter!
Your right, it is a Kent logo but the lighter itself is made by "Symbol" (Japan). :thumbsup:

spartacus53 said:
That is an interesting collection :icon_thumleft: The first two seem to be pretty old and the rest look like they came from the 50's through the early 60's. Did you try and google the Avondale and Haver lighters to see those businesses history? You may learn some interesting, but useless facts and I find that interesting too.
I haven't yet but I plan to.

I used to collect lighters. I still have many of them, mostly Zippo's. I have one of the Bowers as well. I alway liked it because it seems fashioned after a lot of WW I trench lighters. What is neat is that when you pull the cover down to open the wick, it forms a wind screen. Genius in functionality and design.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back