THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning! I just stumbled into the kitchen and was greeted by ants on my counter top. It’s spring for sure!
Morning
Just sprinkle a bit of diatomaceous earth on the ant track.
The low down on what happens, the ants track through it, pick it up go back to the nest.
They groom or get groomed by the guards and it spreads.

Under a microscope the DE is pure silicon and acts like bits of glass that cuts the soft parts of their exoskeleton.
So basically they bleed out and die.
Within a few days-no more ants
One can dust along the foundation of the house and that works as a barrier against them coming into the house.

Note: Don't use DE that is for a filter system (pool filters)
Use only food grade as it's perfectly edible for animals and humans.

Just don't fling it around as it will become air born, not healthy to breath in.
Example of fineness 1 lb. will do 2 acres

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bush next to our primary entry door has been covered with these little nats, mosquitos….? Idk know what they are.

This has been here for an hour. 1.5 stars my donkey!!!

Attachments

• 27370DDA-0CBF-40FB-88B1-BF9E21B8CF1D.jpeg
    27370DDA-0CBF-40FB-88B1-BF9E21B8CF1D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My step father once told me a man’s mind is comprised of Boxes. Each thing has its place. When he’s done with one thing it goes back in the shelf and he picks up the next task.

A woman’s mind is like a spider web. Everything’s connected and the slightest tug on one piece makes everything move.

Or maybe he said Women are like spiders….. she’ll wrap you up then eat you?…… idk. Something about spiders and women. Women spiders…. What was I saying?

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Afternoon Pirates… went shopping st lunchtime… and i have to say it was pleasantly warm 😳…slightly shocking if im honest!!! But.. a lot can change in 3 days so will nit get my hopes up just yet…!!!! xx 🤗
Hopefully you will have some good weather.
Can't imagine being in the same household when the detecting withdrawals is at its peak.
Ur right…it was pouring with rain on sunday… so himself chose to stay home and sweep his chimney rather than spend the day with grumpy me 😂😂 xx

He is s wise man (sometimes) xx

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to eat some Rum ice cream .... ok cookie ice cream.... and get horizontal... long day once again... C u scallywags in the A.m.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread