1.4 MB · Views: 99
Upvote 15
OP
OP
D

Don Lewis

Apr 28, 2024
So where did you get this one from? Nice collection
A friend of mine in his 90ā€™s He started looking for arrow heads back in the 1940ā€™s. He just told me it was an Indian pipe and he said heā€™s found several over the years he gave this one to me. He has the largest collection of artifacts Iā€™ve ever seen.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thatā€™s a nice big point too, you find that trilobite? Is it pyritized if I spelled that right. Signs pretty cool too donā€™t know a lot about them but I get the sense it could be around 100yrs or so

OP
OP
D

Don Lewis

Apr 28, 2024
Thatā€™s a nice big point too, you find that trilobite? Is it pyritized if I spelled that right. Signs pretty cool too donā€™t know a lot about them but I get the sense it could be around 100yrs or so
Thanks! The trilobite was a gift from a friend.

OP
OP
D

Don Lewis

Apr 28, 2024
That pipe is very nice. It looks like a classic Hopewell pipe. What state did your friend collect in?
He told me he collected artifacts in many different states. He drew himself a map of all the areas he found stuff. Which I thought was a pretty cool idea. His basement was filled with boxes and buckets of artifacts some of his better stuff he kept in frames hung on the wall. His house looked like a museum. But he collected for many years. Truly an amazing man to talk to.

OP
OP
D

Don Lewis

Apr 28, 2024
Did he say he found everything or did he purchase artifacts too?
I know he did a lot of arrow head hunting when he was younger. And enjoyed showing his collection to others. And shared all of his knowledge with whom ever asked. Just a good guy. I never thought to ask him if he bought artifacts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread