Prospecting

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel this attachment fits here about keeping 'Fools gold'.........LOL........:

Attachments

• Learn.jpg
    Learn.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 6

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems odd to me that the pan has 'gold' (?) way larger than the apparent black sands ( iron), but no small gold. How did the iron remain retained but no fine gold? A bit of a hydro dynamic conundrum.
Is it possible that the black sands stay on the bottom of a plastic pan by a magnet leaving just the course or picker gold that did not get flushed or washed out of the pan?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems odd to me that the pan has 'gold' (?) way larger than the apparent black sands ( iron), but no small gold. How did the iron remain retained but no fine gold? A bit of a hydro dynamic conundrum.
Hmmm... Here's another one!

new gold in pan.jpg

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was responding to this comment.

I may have been off base with the post. Now I can see what you are referring to. I can be slow at times to see the point.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have been off base with the post. Now I can see what you are referring to. I can be slow at times to see the point.

I was showing another gold pic addressing his above comment. This guy is a drive by poster,... Usually one stupid comment in a thread interrupting a good conversation. Then he moves on to another thread!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Seems odd to me that the pan has 'gold' (?) way larger than the apparent black sands ( iron), but no small gold. How did the iron remain retained but no fine gold? A bit of a hydro dynamic conundrum."

Does it seem odd? Look...It happened again....and again...

odd gold.jpg

odd gold two.jpg

odd gold three.jpg

439246670_1468191824091178_1727426778028086856_n.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other

I was showing another gold pic addressing his above comment. This guy is a drive by poster,... Usually one stupid comment in a thread interrupting a good conversation. Then he moves on to another thread!
Welcome to the Amish internet clopaty clopaty clopaty, bang bang bang. Ya prince. I didn't even know vikings had princes until now. This guy you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread