Nov 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I'm a bit hard of hearing and have to move my headphones aside to clearly hear my Garrett Carrot. Is there any pinpointer that pairs with the manticore and syncs when the pinpointer is turned on so the pinpointer will be simultaneously paired with the Manticore?

Thanks.
Great question.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not believe it can be done. The Deus will pair with the MI6 and the Legend will pair with the Accupointer, nothing for the Manticore.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the carrot and just run it on Vibrate mode

OP
OP
M

Megalomando

Greenie
Nov 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the carrot and just run it on Vibrate mode
I get that is probably the most realistic eventuality at this moment.

To me, common sense would have these companies jumping at the opportunity to pair their detector and pinpointer to the same headphones. It just intuitively makes sense; our ears hear both the detector speaker and the pinpointer piezo buzzer when each is used, it makes sense to have that experience be the same when wearing headphones.

If minelab made that dual paring with a new Minelab pinpointer integrated into the Manticore headphones, they'd sell a bucketload of new pinpointers to people who already have one or more pinpointers, world-wide.

I'll keep using my carrot with the beep but it's a genuine hassle to move the headset off & back on my ear each time I turn on the pinpointer.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a bit hard of hearing and have to move my headphones aside to clearly hear my Garrett Carrot. Is there any pinpointer that pairs with the manticore and syncs when the pinpointer is turned on so the pinpointer will be simultaneously paired with the Manticore?

Thanks.
Unfortunately, they don't make one that links to the the Minelab Manticore. It is a slick feature to have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread