Nokta GF2000 or older whites detector?

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine has got the bug and wants to invest in all the proper tools. She asked my opinion on buying the new Nokta gold finder 2000. I have done some research and I'm not convinced it's the way to go. I've always used whites gold detectors and have owned serveral and so that is what I trust. Anybody have actual experience with the machines and know what they are worth as far as search capability? Most of the detecting in my neck of the woods is in small creeks hunting highly mineralized bedrock.

Upvote 0

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A friend of mine has got the bug and wants to invest in all the proper tools. She asked my opinion on buying the new Nokta gold finder 2000. I have done some research and I'm not convinced it's the way to go. I've always used whites gold detectors and have owned serveral and so that is what I trust. Anybody have actual experience with the machines and know what they are worth as far as search capability? Most of the detecting in my neck of the woods is in small creeks hunting highly mineralized bedrock.
You may have read some of my posts where I say you can start with your eyes.

Let the friend use your whites gold detectors first to see if it is a process that is agreeable as some will give up quickly with all of the noise and little finds.
If one does not find much with older detectors what makes one think they may find very much with a new detector?

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold bug pro or an Equinox would be good beginner choices for new machines. A GMT and GBpro are very similar, the pro being more user friendly and lighter.

How much gold do you find detecting? And what machine is your main one?

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have experience with the Nokta gold Kruzer and gold racer, both are excellent! Easy to use and very good at finding tiny gold. My gold Kruzer handles mineralized ground exceptionally well….so much better than the equinox. I found dozens of nuggets the nox missed. I got rid of the equinox…

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned the Garrett/Whites Goldmaster 24K, Minelab Goldmonster 1000 and the N/M Gold Kruzer and Gold Racer along with the Equinox 800 and the Legend. I still own the 800 and Legend mainly because the 24K, GM 1000 and Gold Kruzer/Racer were very coil knock sensitive and easily overloaded in moderate to high iron mineralization. The Equinox 800 and Legend could be run at higher sensitivity using their Multi settings without issues on the same ground and could also be run at single frequency 40 kHz If I needed to. I did not see even a minor difference in sensitivity to small sub 0.1 gram gold using any of these detectors. I have never used the Goldfinder 2000.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
equinox is excellent on minealized ground.
you have to adjust the settings for the ground. Ive never heard anyone put a Nokta above them as a nugget shooter.

jgoetz4

Dec 31, 2014
Baltimore, Md
Detector(s) used
White's 5000D (40 yrs) and Bounty Hunter 3300 (8 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Other
A metal detector is a tool, just like a hammer or screwdriver. Learn to use it correctly. Listen to it. it's giving you a message. Each sound/tone has a different meaning, different metal that's buried. Take the time to learn that difference. I give my 1978 White's 5000D a workout periodically. It may only detect to about 6'', but I know when to use the shovel.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread