tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this was interesting. I've never heard of gold being deposited in this way. Doubt anyone will ever be allowed to prospect and develop it, being where it's located. Still you gotta wonder what other deposits of mineral wealth is down below all that ice.

Upvote 6

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh hell NO.... We're talking about ol' Bubba and volcanoes sir... get a grip..! :BangHead:
Yes the cat has a hard time getting a grip with it's paws..........lol.

I believe that was Bubba at the gate in the photo attachment the cat posted.......:laughing7::icon_salut: :cat:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes the cat has a hard time getting a grip with it's paws..........lol.

I believe that was Bubba at the gate in the photo attachment the cat posted.......:laughing7::icon_salut: :cat:
Well sir.... ol' Bubba was not a wild child and very gentle. What your cat posted was not a Bubba moment. Did I ever mention that Bubba loved to go on rides. If the house crop dusting was bad try an enclosed vehicle.... I miss bubba. Maybe it did effect my brain...? :tongue3:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well sir.... ol' Bubba was not a wild child and very gentle. What your cat posted was not a Bubba moment. Did I ever mention that Bubba loved to go on rides. If the house crop dusting was bad try an enclosed vehicle.... I miss bubba. Maybe it did effect my brain...? :tongue3:
Good to here this and the cat gives a purrr out to both you and Bubba. Thank you for sharing.

Yes a pet can become part of the family and be gentle to everyone. A loss for everyone when the time comes. Pets can have an emotional effect on the family so this is normal.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
I thought this was interesting. I've never heard of gold being deposited in this way. Doubt anyone will ever be allowed to prospect and develop it, being where it's located. Still you gotta wonder what other deposits of mineral wealth is down below all that ice.
There was a lot, lot of good nuggets found around 15yrs ago? In Papua New Guinea that at first people thought had been spewed out of a volcano. I guess because some looked freshly formed from molten. Apparently though its believed and id say 100%, that the eruption occured beneath an old rich gold deposit blasting the nuggets out melting some giving them that appearance. There is some serious gold there but its crazy no mans land. A guy I knew went there planning to get rich. Went for 2 months was back in 2 weeks. Said it was madness, people with guns everywhere, hearing gunshots each night and the most dodgy collection of people from all over the world you could imagine. He was told when there, don't bring out that detector it'll be the last thing you do. He came back empty handed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread