Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Discovery Channel
I'm liking it, it's more suited for the weekend miner.
NOT ONE hydraulic hose failure - water pump failure - engine failure- or other mechanical failure.

I do think the Gold they fine has been salted but that's great because I like seeing Gold.

If his truck breaks down - flat tire - water pump - battery or alternator - fuel filter issues - I'll stop watching the show.

Cheers Mike

Upvote 10

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I refuse to watch d. turin on ANY show ! he has proven to the world that he and his excavator operator CAN NOT BE TRUSTED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS, Even when the claim owner told him to his face NOT TO GO ON THIS PORTION of the c;laim ,he and his excavator operator did it any way saying ,"it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission!" And he said this while they were filming them ! They did this not once but twice ! And they got thrown off both claims ! It's hard enough getting permission to be on someone's claim , but to outright cheat the claim owner on T.V. is'nt very smart thing to do! :BangHead: and IF my post violates any of the forum's rule then block me because I WON'T associate with anyone that thinks he was / is right to act like that.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as I like the gold shows I can’t stand to watch all the added drama crap. “If they can’t fix this leaking hose their whole season could be in jeopardy”! FFS.

I have a few guys I follow on You tube. Just prospectors like any of us who take a camera and cheese it up a bit for entertainment sakes.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
Discovery Channel
I'm liking it, it's more suited for the weekend miner.
NOT ONE hydraulic hose failure - water pump failure - engine failure- or other mechanical failure.

I do think the Gold they fine has been salted but that's great because I like seeing Gold.

If his truck breaks down - flat tire - water pump - battery or alternator - fuel filter issues - I'll stop watching the show.

Cheers Mike
😆 Im hearing you. Even the shows here are more drama, bs and "oh no this broke" than actually interesting gold finding. I refuse to watch them now.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has done two episodes in Oregon so far, one close to where I find this!

new new gold.jpg

The drama... Oh no we didn't do regular maintenance and the part(s) that broke ... no spares etc BS gets old (Gold Rush)

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A little bit hokie but any show that features gold prospecting is ok by me. I was happy to see they gave some props to a couple of my favorite haunts in Oregon, Whiskey Run beach/creek near Bandon and the Armadillo Mining Co. prospecting supply store in Grants Pass.

OP
OP
Bodfish Mike

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
Primary Interest:
Other
I refuse to watch d. turin on ANY show ! he has proven to the world that he and his excavator operator CAN NOT BE TRUSTED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS, Even when the claim owner told him to his face NOT TO GO ON THIS PORTION of the c;laim ,he and his excavator operator did it any way saying ,"it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission!" And he said this while they were filming them ! They did this not once but twice ! And they got thrown off both claims ! It's hard enough getting permission to be on someone's claim , but to outright cheat the claim owner on T.V. is'nt very smart thing to do! :BangHead: and IF my post violates any of the forum's rule then block me because I WON'T associate with anyone that thinks he was / is right to act like that.
Yea Russ he rubs me the wrong way also - but I like the narrative of the show.

OP
OP
Bodfish Mike

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
Primary Interest:
Other
A little bit hokie but any show that features gold prospecting is ok by me. I was happy to see they gave some props to a couple of my favorite haunts in Oregon, Whiskey Run beach/creek near Bandon and the Armadillo Mining Co. prospecting supply store in Grants Pass.
He' going to Mojave Ca in upcoming episodes most likely to do some drywashing
looking forward to that

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the above comments, I love gold but Dave Turin is a great example of a man that makes me not love gold that much if it means having to be around him.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has done two episodes in Oregon so far, one close to where I find this!

View attachment 2140757

The drama... Oh no we didn't do regular maintenance and the part(s) that broke ... no spares etc BS gets old (Gold Rush)
Dave makes ( I read ) $50,000 an episode.
Hell I would mine with Turd Hoffman for that kinda dough!

laughing11.gif

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've delt with Trey Poulson who was working with a mine contractor I've delt with for many years. Trey's the guy that got in a tussle with Dave Turin on the episode that Dave quit. The only thing I ever asked Trey about that gold show is it really a legit mine operation or mostly BS. Trey said it is a 100% legitimate out to make a profit mining company and not just all showmanship.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread