Out With The California Mini (on such a cold winter's day)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It's never too cold, to go and dig gold I have often said. I took out the California Mini (on such a cold winter's day) with below freezing temperatures. I ran the unit non-stop for 2 1/2 hours, as I was afraid that if I shut the water flow off, my riffles would freeze up and my electric pump wouldn't start again. So, after I fired my last shovel into the highbanker, I quickly removed the sluice and ran the concentrates into a waiting container. It worked flawlessly.😁
oct26.JPG

oct26a.JPG

oct26b.JPG

oct26c.JPG

oct26c1.jpg
oct26e.JPG

Years back a few of my friends & I had a spot deep in a lime stone valley, and we visited once a year in February. It has a small creek running through it and blocked the wind BUT had a southern sun exposer for warmth! LOT's of slab bedrock and fine gold. This was our yearly get together location. It was fun while it lasted for us ! John I'm glad to see your out there getting your stuff ! :icon_thumleft:

Years back a few of my friends & I had a spot deep in a lime stone valley, and we visited once a year in February. It has a small creek running through it and blocked the wind BUT had a southern sun exposer for warmth! LOT's of slab bedrock and fine gold. This was our yearly get together location. It was fun while it lasted for us ! John I'm glad to see your out there getting your stuff ! :icon_thumleft:
My family Doc said he wants me to "work out" more, so even at my age, I figured prospecting was a good fit. So..........the shovel keeps penitrating the gravel to stay in shape and pay me a small gift of gold.

Yep my wife and my Doctor say the same thing to my and at my age (77 VERY SOON ) and at my beat up ole body I only have a few hours in the day to get what need's to be done , done and IF I have anything left in me then I try it out for awhile ! Remember , life is short !

It's never too cold, to go and dig gold I have often said. I took out the California Mini (on such a cold winter's day) with below freezing temperatures. I ran the unit non-stop for 2 1/2 hours, as I was afraid that if I shut the water flow off, my riffles would freeze up and my electric pump wouldn't start again. So, after I fired my last shovel into the highbanker, I quickly removed the sluice and ran the concentrates into a waiting container. It worked flawlessly.😁View attachment 2111964
View attachment 2111965
View attachment 2111966
View attachment 2111967
View attachment 2111968View attachment 2111969
Gold fever!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back