Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1444758556507.jpg
    1444758556507.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 175
Well you are finding some old items so you may just get lucky and find a coin, button or other nice relic from that time period. Good luck.

You can make a little profit on the squares! The artsy crafty people like them. Put 10 or 15 in a bag and they move pretty quick. I've got two gals that buy every one I can give em! I give one gal the 2cent ea price and the other one gets 1 cent because she always brings some cookies.

I've actually found some of my favorite coins here but it's getting good really tough. I thought I'd start digging more iron. My best coin to date has come from this field. My buddy hunted it for 4 years before I met him and has dug over 15 seated coins.

You can make a little profit on the squares! The artsy crafty people like them. Put 10 or 15 in a bag and they move pretty quick. I've got two gals that buy every one I can give em! I give one gal the 2cent ea price and the other one gets 1 cent because she always brings some cookies.
I would totally trade my square nails for cookies!!!:laughing7:

I like seeing square nails because it helps me know something good is somewhere there...and I have found about 5 or 6 copper square nails, which I think are really cool. Maybe some where you are too!

I'm going to start saving them maybe it will unmask another coin. IAMZIM that sure was a nice find on the purse the other day. The last coin I found in this field was a 1881 cc morgan. I know I walked over it 50 times but when I found it it was a perfect signal but I must've missed it by inches.

It was kinda crazy, before the purse, I only found ONE coin all year, back in Feb. when it was unusually warm, I found a seated dime. It always seems I can go out 10 times and find no coins, then out of the blue I will find one, and it will be in a place I have hunted dozens of times before! It teaches me to never give up on a spot I suppose, and I think because of it, it can pay off! I am convinced that there has to be a gold coin or a really good token in places I hunt, and the coin purse, to me, proves it!

It was kinda crazy, before the purse, I only found ONE coin all year, back in Feb. when it was unusually warm, I found a seated dime. It always seems I can go out 10 times and find no coins, then out of the blue I will find one, and it will be in a place I have hunted dozens of times before! It teaches me to never give up on a spot I suppose, and I think because of it, it can pay off! I am convinced that there has to be a gold coin or a really good token in places I hunt, and the coin purse, to me, proves it!

I hope you find that gold coin. That is what keeps me going to this spot. It was a town from 1860 to 1900. I sure I don't have to tell you how few people were here in Mt that long ago. I just know there is a gold coin at this site I can almost feel it. I've found a shield nickle, a seated dime, a seated half dime, and the Morgan. Right now I'm past due. I detect here about 35 hours per coin but to me it's worth it.

You found treasure. Square nails. I keep and save them. Heck they even sell them old square nails on eBay.

I think I put up pics of my magnet stick. If not grab 3 or 4 trashed hard drives. Get the magnets from them and glue or screw them to a stick end to end and add a PVC handle, you can clean most all the iron & nails quickly. Just one more tool for the arsenal!

I think I put up pics of my magnet stick. If not grab 3 or 4 trashed hard drives. Get the magnets from them and glue or screw them to a stick end to end and add a PVC handle, you can clean most all the iron & nails quickly. Just one more tool for the arsenal!

I pick up a magnet stick and I'm starting a square nails collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back