Dutchman's Caches

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Homar,
I want to thank you and others that have sending good thoughts and prayers. We could all use more of that 😁👍

The doctors still don’t know how my body had gone into rabdo mode, as usually it takes a month or so of poor nutrition for the body to be canabalizing itself. They had me do a bunch of blood and urine tests, which only ruled some stuff out. They also had me do a nuclear stress test for my heart.
Apparently there has still been a partially clogged artery feeding my heart. Another trip to the cath lab for an angiogram and possibly unclogging an artery.

That would explain the difficulty in working through the shortness of breath and fatigue that has been plaguing me through my recovery.

Hopefully this will make things a little easier 🤓👍
Not getting my hopes up yet ….. (maybe a little 😜) but maybe the saga isn’t finished after all 🥳🥳🥳🤷🏼‍♂️

The level of dehydration was from my body purging, and was not a result of how much I hydrated before going in.

The big changes so far, was changing medications, that are supposed to control the heartbeat, and rhythm. The side effects are still there, but are significantly lower now.

The hard part in this whole thing, for me, is that it’s not that hard of a hike, and not that far either.

Less than 4 miles of trail hiking to get to base camp. That’s it 🥸
I worked construction most of my life, and loved it. Nothing like working hard and a sense of satisfaction from getting something accomplished 🥳😁
Manual labor was like a free pass to the gymnasium. 🤓👍 and even got paid for it 🤓

Anyway, the hike is not that difficult. It has been very frustrating to be having such a hard time just getting there.

I really thought I would be skipping along the trail…. And pretty much was, until about 3 miles in, then that was it. 😰

But, maybe life isn’t over yet 😎
Just a bad section of road … unexpected potholes are par for the course. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I think Forrest Gump’s mama was right about life being like a box of chocolates 🤓😂😂

Sincerely,
Idahodutch
Howdy Idahodutch,

Thanks for the update, hope it all turns out good for you. Your stage in life reminds me of the late, and great Toby Keith's song, "As Good As I Once Was". A lot of us here sail in the same boat.:-\
Being raised in a ranch probably gave me an edge, but I could out run, out lift, out shoot, out ride, and out work anyone my age, and size. I always worked at a very fast pace from start to finish, it just came natural.
One summer a good friend of mine asked me to go help in his Dad's fence building business. They had a five mile contract and were short handed. To get to the point, after a few days, we just had to wire tie the five miles of five strand barbed wire fence, cedar stays, and posts as the contract called. My friends Dad came by and told the ranch foreman it was a three day job for our four man crew.
After my friend showed me how they wanted it tied, I took off in a flash, :laughing7: and told them we could get it done in a day. they didn't believe it, two of them worked at a normal pace, my friend tried to race me but would fall behind by a big margin. I never slowed down, and at the end of the day we were gone.
My friends Dad could not believe it, he and the ranch foreman went and checked our work for shortcuts, or untied posts. I know I broke a record doing the work of more than a handful of regular men. My friends Dad payed that day as three to all of us.:headbang:
That's just one of many that now make me say, I'm not as good as I once was.:laughing7: Now turtles seem to zoom past me, and I wonder where they get their energy?
I do hope you get another chance to go in there, just take more breaks in your hike, don't try to keep up with the rest they won't mind to sit with you for a while. Just make sure your box of chocolates doesn't say ex lax. Hoping that all your chocolates are the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread