Cliff Dwelling

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
I just have two questions… first: what is your opinion. Could this drone shot show a cave with a wall like a cliff dwelling?
IMG_2095.jpeg

Second: i noticed that every Indian Cave should be in east direction. In the LDM story it have to be in south direction (the hideout) cause to the south you should be able to look thru a hole in the mountain. Could a cliff dwelling be to in a south direction?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings André

Last edited:

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have two questions… first: what is your opinion. Could this drone shot show a cave with a wall like a cliff dwelling? View attachment 2142243
Second: i noticed that every Indian Cave should be in east direction. In the LDM story it have to be in south direction (the hideout) cause to the south you should be able to look thru a hole in the mountain. Could a cliff dwelling be to in a south direction?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings

I just have two questions… first: what is your opinion. Could this drone shot show a cave with a wall like a cliff dwelling? View attachment 2142243
Thanks in advance.
Greetings André
I thought that I had read something about the roofless two room house in the cave was facing north, and he had to cover the entrance with a tarp to keep the cold north wind out.

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the reply. I heard that too. It just doesn't fit the German instructions. During my trips to the mountains (March, April and October) I only ever noticed easterly winds. Is it different in the winter months?

On the one hand, this also raises the question of how many caves the Dutchman spoke about. The hiding place, the two-room cave and the main Mexican camp... for me at least it cannot be ruled out that the two-room cave, for example, is not cliff dwelling. But the hideout could be one for that. Because of the many clues, nothing is certain, but if, for example, all of the Indian caves were built facing east, then I can safely rule out that the picture shown above is a cliff dwelling. This helps me a lot when planning my next trip.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    945.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 41
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 40

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the reply. I heard that too. It just doesn't fit the German instructions. During my trips to the mountains (March, April and October) I only ever noticed easterly winds. Is it different in the winter months?

On the one hand, this also raises the question of how many caves the Dutchman spoke about. The hiding place, the two-room cave and the main Mexican camp... for me at least it cannot be ruled out that the two-room cave, for example, is not cliff dwelling. But the hideout could be one for that. Because of the many clues, nothing is certain, but if, for example, all of the Indian caves were built facing east, then I can safely rule out that the picture shown above is a cliff dwelling. This helps me a lot when planning my next trip.
I found this cave about a mile north of Angel Springs, up the the draw on the left across the creek. Photo from when I was on White Mountain.

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    593 KB · Views: 27

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this cave about a mile north of Angel Springs, up the the draw on the left across the creek. Photo from when I was on White Mountain.
It’s facing the north , inside it’s shaped like a T like 2 rooms in the back, and there’s a hole on the other side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
on my last trip I noticed this hole in the mountain to the south... so I checked the north to find the hideout. I used a drone and took the shot from the "wall" shown above. at the spot where I took the photo of the hole in the mountain I found a red jasper vein at the surface. Could a red jasper vein be the "hanging wall of hematite"?

Attachments

• hole1.jpg
    hole1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • hole2.jpg
    hole2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There’s a little known cliff dwelling in Rough Canyon

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cave's are erie. I went in this one once and got the feeling I was trespassing and being seen. I felt if something was after me I'd be trapped in a cave. I hiked slowly down the canyon to get to it and listen carefully for any sounds of rattlesnakes in the thick brush at the bottom of the canyon. I believe those old petro's of a zig-zagging rattlesnakes are ancient cation signs.

Attachments

• fremont site 1.jpg
    fremont site 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • fremont site 2.jpg
    fremont site 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • fremont site 3.jpg
    fremont site 3.jpg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 29

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cave's are erie. I went in this one once and got the feeling I was trespassing and being seen. I felt if something was after me I'd be trapped in a cave. I hiked slowly down the canyon to get to it and listen carefully for any sounds of rattlesnakes in the thick brush at the bottom of the canyon. I believe those old petro's of a zig-zagging rattlesnakes are ancient cation signs.
Here’s an old clip of the Green Mojave guarding the cave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread