AT Max 6 months out of warranty.

mxdigger

Jun 30, 2013
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC 2B, Minelab Musketeer Xs pro, AT Pro, Garrett pro pointer, Xp Deus with pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have had a AT pro for like 6 years and never had much trouble with it aside from the normal things metal detectors do. My son was looking for a new machine and was thinking about the Pro too but the Max had just come out so he bought one of those. I won't say he hasn't used it all that much but it was never used like my old AT Pro. It started to act funny about a year ago and I told him then to send it back to get it checked but it was a little slack at his work and he wanted to use it while he had the chance. Work picked up and he didn't have the chance to use it for like 8 months but during the Christmas/ New Year break we went a couple times and the last time we went it would not turn on. We tried everything we could but it was dead as a hammer. A week or so later he called Garrett and the guy he spoke with got him to try a couple things but nothing worked and told him to send it back and they would look at it. Long story short they said something on the inside was keeping it from turning on and it would cost $168.00 to fix it. A day or two later they called him to tell him it was fixed but now that it was working they checked the coil and it was out of tolerance and suggested that he should buy a new coil.

Now I know the machine is out of the warranty period but Damn!!, for a couple hundred more dollars he could have bought a new machine. I hate that this world has become a world that nothing last like it should and use it til it breaks then just buy another one.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a AT pro for like 6 years and never had much trouble with it aside from the normal things metal detectors do. My son was looking for a new machine and was thinking about the Pro too but the Max had just come out so he bought one of those. I won't say he hasn't used it all that much but it was never used like my old AT Pro. It started to act funny about a year ago and I told him then to send it back to get it checked but it was a little slack at his work and he wanted to use it while he had the chance. Work picked up and he didn't have the chance to use it for like 8 months but during the Christmas/ New Year break we went a couple times and the last time we went it would not turn on. We tried everything we could but it was dead as a hammer. A week or so later he called Garrett and the guy he spoke with got him to try a couple things but nothing worked and told him to send it back and they would look at it. Long story short they said something on the inside was keeping it from turning on and it would cost $168.00 to fix it. A day or two later they called him to tell him it was fixed but now that it was working they checked the coil and it was out of tolerance and suggested that he should buy a new coil.

Now I know the machine is out of the warranty period but Damn!!, for a couple hundred more dollars he could have bought a new machine. I hate that this world has become a world that nothing last like it should and use it til it breaks then just buy another one.
I feel you and sorry for your problems. Yes, we have become a throw away nation. I think I was born about a hundred years too late.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread